I’m very pleased to announce the release of ggplot2 2.0.0. I know I promised that there wouldn’t be any more updates, but while working on the 2nd edition of the ggplot2 book, I just couldn’t stop myself from fixing some long standing problems.
On the scale of ggplot2 releases, this one is huge with over one hundred fixes and improvements. This might break some of your existing code (although I’ve tried to minimise breakage as much as possible), but I hope the new features make up for any short term hassle. This blog post documents the most important changes:
- ggplot2 now has an official extension mechanism.
- There are a handful of new geoms, and updates to existing geoms.
- The default appearance has been thoroughly tweaked so most plots should look better.
- Facets have a much richer set of labelling options.
- The documentation has been overhauled to be more helpful…